Phil Murphy got the political boss of Union County on board and is virtually assured of being the next governor of New Jersey.
Yesterday Murphy held a townhall meeting at The College of New Jersey where after over an hour of opening remarks the audience got to ask questions. The first one was on the New Jersey pension system:
What I got out of that answer:
- First step: the state must pay its share- period. No second step otherwise.
- Jerry Brown in California is the apotheosis of fiscal prudence
- Alternative Investments are bad because of those $1.3 billion in fees (though without those investments the nominal value of trust assets would likely be $5 billion less)
- Christie supporting Trump makes NJ a laughing stock
- Nobody can trust NJ government