The main reason we do not get effective solutions to real problems from the political class is because, to first get on a ballot and then to receive campaign donations that would allow you to win, politicians need to assure their financial backers that they are capable of ignoring the legalized bribery that infects the system.
At last night’s freeholder agenda meeting County Counsel had five resolutions:
OFFICE OF THE COUNTY COUNSEL
Robert E. Barry, Esq., County Counsel
- A Resolution appointing LaCorte, Bundy, Varady & Kinsella of Union, NJ to represent Brian Riordan in the matter entitled Marissa Taylor-Munger v. UC, et als. in an amount not to exceed $10,000.00.
- A Resolution appointing Kologi & Simitz of Linden, NJ to represent Corrections Officer Kevin Burkert in the matter entitled Marissa Taylor-Munger v. UC, et als. in an amount not to exceed $10,000.00.
- Amending Resolution 2015-136, to increase the appropriation to Florio & Kenny, LLP of Hoboken, NJ in the matter entitled Shiquon Fowler v. UC, et als. in an amount not to exceed $20,000.00 for a sum not to exceed $60,000.00.
- Amending Resolution 2015-200, to increase the appropriation to Florio, Perrucci, Steinhardt & Fader, LLC of Rochelle Park, NJ in the matter entitled Shiquon Fowler v. UC, et als. in an amount not to exceed $20,000.00 for a sum not to exceed $60,000.00.
- Amending Resolution 2015-240, to increase the appropriation to DeCotiis, Fitzpatrick & Cole of Teaneck, NJ in the matter entitled Shiquon Fowler v. UC, et als. in an amount not to exceed $20,000.00 for a sum not to exceed $40,000.00.
There was a brand new case involving the jail (Taylor-Munger v. UC et. als.) and the Shiquon Fowler v. UC case looks like it it is approaching a million dollars to defend. Yet when it came time to question County Counsel:
Are the freeholders up on all the intricacies here or are they cowed into silence because this has become a favored avenue to get money to their campaign donors?
You can decide for yourself but, to help you, here is a list of defendants and their lawyers from the Party Attorney Detail in the Shiquon Fowler case:
UNION COUNTY – Palumbo & Renaud
UNION COUNTY DETENTION CENTER – Palumbo & Renaud
LYONS GREG – LaCorte Bundy Varady
MATLOCK TINA – UNION COUNTY COUNSEL
RODRIGUEZ ALBERTO – DECOTIIS FITZPATRICK*
CUNNINGHAM CARL – DECOTIIS FITZPATRICK
KOON EDWARD – Kologi Simitz
ALLEN TEKKI – Cottrell Solensky
ABNEY THELMA – FLORIO & KENNY LLC
* It would be much too large a file if we linked to the thousands of bribes that DeCotiis lawyers have spread around over the years so here is the spreadsheet of those to Union County Democratic freeholder candidates (and candidates in Rahway) through 2014. They may have changed their modus operandi a bit because their 2015 donations ($315.79 by 19 lawyers on June 3, 2015 for a total of $6,000) went to Gerald Green. They did a test run on March 20, 2015 with 14 lawyers giving $26.32 each again to Gerald Green and of course there is that Rahway money for a specific project.